Tuesday, August 22, 2006

The Faces & Attitudes of Suffering

I have finally internalized that when I encounter people who act angry and arrogant or who treat me poorly, it is a reflection of their own desire to be happy. When I’m being compassionate I see that they must have suffered terribly in order to put up such a barrier between themselves and others. I used to think that such people were reacting to me. I thought if I was different or acted differently, then they wouldn’t treat me that way. Unfortunately, that’s just the way they treat all people. Some people carry their joy and freedom with them; others carry their anger and fear.

1 Comments:

At 8:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for your comments. I will use them to help me make a decision I've been struggling with. I have done the "people pleasing", and it doesn't work. There is no pleasing some people. So be it.

It then comes down to self love (self esteem). I care enough about myself to not put myself in harm's way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.