Monday, July 24, 2006

The End of Negativity

Show me anything and I’ll tell you what’s wrong with it. It’s the nature of my negative perspective. Identifying what is wrong with something can sometimes be useful, like in business when you’re trying to figure out why a product isn’t selling. My problem is that my negativity carries into most everything, though it is cleverly masked and sometimes humorous. I find something wrong in every situation. It used to make me feel smart and analytical. But takes greater intelligence and analytic skill to offer a solution for making something better (unless, of course, that something is your spouse; bad situations, fine; personal faults, fine; not with respect to other people). Enough justification. Here’s the substance:

My ability to see what is wrong with any given situation blocks joy from my life. Sure, some bits get through, but I suspect not the full spectrum that is available to me. The focus of my life defines my existence. Therefore, I will only focus on the positive. Negative thoughts that cross my mind will not be expressed. No more complaining, judging, or criticizing. I’m off it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.