Saturday, May 20, 2006

Already (T)here

When people say, “You are exactly where you’re supposed to be,” I always assumed they meant I arrived at the station just as the train journey of my life was departing for my preferred destination. I’m on the right train, heading in the correct direction, and though I’d rather the train be some time ahead of schedule, things are progressing as they should. And perhaps in once sense this is accurate.

However, it could also mean that I already arrived at my destination. I can stop wondering whether or not I’m going to miss the next train because there is no further travel required. Perhaps I’m where I’m “supposed to be” because this is actually my stop. All trains simply loop back to this same station, so don’t bother hopping on board any other trains. End the journey, I’m already here. Just enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.