Friday, May 12, 2006

One Moron Away from Peace

For years I’ve experienced the benefits aligning my will with god’s will. Life flows more easily, relationships are more enjoyable, and achievements are realized with less effort. Despite this first-hand knowledge of working in harmony with god’s will, I still find it incredibly difficult to give up control.

As a part of my morning prayers I say, “God, I know you have a path for me and on that path the best things will work out, even if it doesn’t feel like it in the moment.” An hour after prayers, I’m in a meeting stressed that weeks of careful work will be derailed by a single moron. My trust in god’s will ends the moment I don’t like what is going on. I don’t believe that everything will work out fine, I don’t have faith that perhaps there is a lesson for me to learn; I just get scared that I’m not going to like the outcome.

My spiritual growth involves daily, sometime hourly, renewal. More specifically, I need regular reminders that there are results possible that far exceed my most creative thinking. All I need to do is to trust, have faith, and be willing to give up control. Sometimes morons are there for a reason.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.