Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Benefits of Meditation

I’ve been meditating twice a day, everyday since April 30 and usually three times on Wednesdays because of my meditation class for an average of about 15 minutes in each sitting. Normally I sit in silence (well, suburban silence anyway) and try to clear my mind of all thoughts. The results in this short time have been powerful. Now I’m changing the meditation process a bit by introducing mantras (Sanskrit sayings without meaning) and sutras (Sanskrit sayings with meaning), then repeating them over and over in my mind. In the few days I’ve been doing this my meditations have become deeper and more focused.

Here are the benefits I currently am experiencing as a result of mediation:

  • More relaxed
  • Less anxious
  • More joyful moments
  • Good conversations with people I thought I didn’t like and didn’t like me
  • Better communication with my spouse
  • There seems to be more time in the day
  • Got a great business idea that came from nowhere (it’s almost ready to launch)
  • A great people materialized to help me with the business project
  • Less need to influence things I don’t like
  • A deeper sense of being whole
  • Fulfillment
  • A clearer understanding of life
  • A more optimistic outlook
  • A more profound spirituality

I can keep going, but I’ll end it here. Have a good day.

1 Comments:

At 1:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for today's blog. My experience with meditation has left me feeling happy and energized.

I always thought of myself as a somewhat depressed, low energy person. Since I've been meditating, I've become aware of the lack of depression in my daily living, and I have recaptured an energy known only in my youth. I have begun to run again--something I haven't done in over a decade.

I attribute all of these mental, spiritual and physical benefits as direct outcomes of my meditation practice.

All in all, I am valuing who I am and what I bring to this planet in a way I have never experienced before. Again, I attribute this to meditating.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.