Friday, May 26, 2006

The Field of All Possibilities

In Deepak Chopra’s spiritual law of detachment we are to not be attached to the outcome of events. We can have intentions, desires, and goals, but we need to have faith that all things will work out for the best, even when things aren’t going our way. The idea is to not impose our idea of how things should be. This allows us to “step into the field of all possibilities.”

I may know a lot, but even the wisest human being can only grasp a fraction of all the incredible possibilities that may be achievable in any given situation. By not rigidly holding onto what I think is best, then I can open my mind to outcomes I never considered. In the few times I’ve been able to do this I took actions I never would have considered or even thought possible and the resulting gifts were beyond my wildest fantasies.

This is a good law for me to focus on today because I’ve been very attached to my pre-conceived ideas all week and it has been unpleasant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.