Tuesday, May 23, 2006

My Spiritual Pledge

Recognizing that awareness is simply choosing to see reality for what it is (i.e., without bias, ego, pre-conditioning, expectations, etc.), I am going to make a choice to live an awakened life. I am making that choice consciously in the form of a pledge.

Today I will:

  • Be fully awake in life (not be analyzing each moment or thinking about one thing while doing something else; that is, I’ll be fully present)
  • Destroy my ego and ignore the ego in others (my observations and the observations of others are irrelevant – no soul is any better or any more right than any other soul)
  • Live life without judgment of myself, others, or situations
  • Accept that everything (even things that “I interpret” as scary and uncomfortable) is EXACTLY as it is supposed to be
  • Do “no thought” meditation twice a day to slowly cleanse away my pre-conceived ideas and be fully in touch with the inner spirit

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.